Teach students to identify and use frequently occurring Prepositions in writing with a COMPLETE Common Core-aligned lesson and engaging hands-on, cut and paste Interactive Notebook activities:
• FULL COLOR Prepositions Poster-just print, laminate, and hang in your classroom
• a short Reading Passage-read as a whole group and then in small groups to increase fluency
• a traceable card highlighting Main Ideas and Details (great for Interactive Notebooks!)
• cut and paste Sentence Writing (again, perfect for Interactive Notebooks!)
• Prepositions Bee Hive activity to practice using directional Prepositions
Prepositions, aligned with the 1st Grade Common Core Language Standards (L.1.1.I), can be purchased separately or as part of our 1ST GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE UNIT + 22 FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
We've included a color copy of the Prepositions lesson for your White Board, black and white versions of the lesson and activities to make copies for your students, and Answer Pages.
Download the Prepositions Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, as well as samples from the lesson and hands-on activities.
OUR OTHER PREPOSITIONS RESOURCES:
PREPOSITIONS – 3RD GRADE
PREPOSITIONS FREEBIE – 4TH GRADE
MORE 1ST GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING PREPOSITIONS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.