Teaching grammar in isolation can be boring.
Use this resource to help students understand and
apply grammar concepts in creative writing.
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
♥ ready to use -- print & teach!
♥ creative writing opportunity
♥ everything you need -- graphic organizers, notes, rubrics, lesson plans, and rubric!
♥ kick grammar up a notch: write poems with it!
♥ ideal for sub plans!
This resource includes:
• suggestions for how to use a grammar lesson to flip your classroom.
• preposition songs
• grammar notes and blank student note taker
• student practice for identifying prepositional phrase
• creative writing prompt using prepositional phrases
• extension ideas
• daily lesson plans
• prewriting graphic organizers for writing and revising prepositional phrase poems
• revision checklists
• student samples
• pages for student final copies and accompanying illustrations
You may also be interested in these resources:
Poetry Writing and Analysis: Weather Poems
Poetry Writing and Analysis: “Hope is the Thing with Feathers”
Poetry Writing and Analysis: "Nothing Gold Can Stay” and The Outsiders
I'd love to have you follow my store! Click on the green star by my store name to learn about freebies, new products, and sales.
I read and respond to all feedback. I love hearing how you use my resources in your classroom, plus you earn TPT credit! Gotta love that! If you have any questions, please leave me a note in the Q&A below. I'll get right back to you!