Looking for materials to introduce or review prepositions or prepositional phrases with older students? This unit is designed to reinforce previous instruction, activate prior knowledge, and engage students in brain-based learning approaches.
Through minilessons, grammar in context, social activities, and creative notetaking approaches, middle and high school students can learn and remember prepositions. Plus, built-in differentiation features allow you to meet the needs of a variety of learners while still challenging those who need it.
Because of the wide variety of activities, you can easily work with a small group of students in intervention-style support while other students are engaged in learning stations, partner work, or visual activities.
This prepositions unit contains a variety of prepositional phrase activities, including...
- 1 large lesson or 2 smaller minilessons covering prepositions, prepositional phrases, objects of prepositions, and preposition functions
- 1 optional notetaking page for students
- 1 common prepositions list
- 1 brain-based sketch notes type activity for visualizing prepositions
- 1 grammar in context exercise students can use with their independent reading novels or another text
- 1 language emulation exercise with mentor sentences...students analyze and emulate prepositional phrases
- 20 task cards to reinforce prepositions
- 11 learning stations with basic and complex thinking options
- 1 concise quiz with answer key
- Guidelines for suggested use
This resource is a combination of secured PDF files and editable PowerPoint files, which you can import to Google Drive and open in Slides.
Use these prepositional phrases activities with your middle or high school students if you'd like them to begin recognizing prepositions and using prepositional phrases more adeptly in their writing.
If you are not IN THE MOOD to make your own prepositional phrase materials FROM SCRATCH or if you are simply short ON TIME, just use this lovely unit WITH YOUR CLASS! Simply print and go.
If you like these prepositional phrase activities, you may be interested in other similar resources available in my store, like these!
Let's stay connected for updates, sales, new products, and teaching ideas!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.