Are you introducing or reviewing prepositions and prepositional phrases with your students? Are you looking for a quick, easy, and somewhat silly way to review this part of speech? If so, this product is for you!
This product first contains scaffolded notes to walk your students through the basic uses and types of prepositions. Practice sentences are silly (which makes basic part-of-speech practice more engaging for the average student).
To reinforce ideas learned via the scaffolded note sheet, this product also includes a student practice page. In three different question styles, students will answer a total of twelve questions that build understanding of what prepositions are and how they can be used in sentences.
Then, this product builds upon knowledge of prepositions to introduce prepositional phrases. The product features yet another guided note sheet, and yet another additional sheet of practice questions!
Finally, the product also contains a single-sheet list of common prepositions. This handy reference can be used with this product and with any preposition review completed in future lessons!
This product includes:
- 1-sided scaffolded note sheet focusing on prepositions
- 1-sided student practice worksheet focusing on prepositions
- 1-sided scaffolded note sheet focusing on prepositional phrases
- 1-sided student practice worksheet sheet focusing on prepositional phrases
- 1-sided list of common prepositions
- Answer keys for scaffolded notes and practice worksheets
- Ink-saver (border-free) versions of all of the above
Check out my other "Silly Sentences, Serious Skills" products!
Subject and Predicate Guided Notes and Practice Activity
Plural and Possessive Nouns Guided Notes and Practice Activities
Revising Fragments and Run-ons Freebie Worksheet