- Teaching prepositions to secondary to adult ESL students? Sit back and Netflix because this bundle of supplemental material and activities has you covered!This bundle includes the following resources:Prepositions of Time and Place for Adult ESL (task cards)Prepositions of Location for Adult ESL (ta$13.95$15.50Save $1.55
- All the grammar, right here! Grammar guides, activities, task cards, digital presentations, linguistic investigations, worksheets...it's all here. Created for adult ESL students, all topics used within these resources are not inappropriate for younger learners, but there is nothing cutesy in here$327.82$364.25Save $36.43
Prepositions of movement are something all of your adult ESL students need to master whether they are learning English to pass English-proficiency exams for university admittance, to understand and be understood in their workplace, or just for fun. Take back your free time with this resource. No need to prepare anything or hunt for appropriate supplemental material because I've already done it for you. More practice with prepositions is an often-made request from adult ESL students. Now you'll have them covered.
With activities for both speaking and moving, a linguistic investigation, and more traditional worksheets, you will be able to present your students with a variety of preposition practice.
The following prepositions are used: across | along | around | down | from | into | off of | onto | out of | over | past | through | to | toward | under | up.
This resource was created for mid-beginners to low-intermediate adult students. Nothing is inappropriate for children, but the sentences were written for adult interest.
- introduction page
- 1-page explanations with simple illustrations
- 1-page partner talk activity
- 1-page Worksheet for students to label illustrations (no word bank)
- 1-page Worksheet for students to label illustrations (with word bank)
- Answer key for labeling worksheet.
- 1-page Worksheet for matching prepositions to their explanations + 1-page answer key
- 1-page quiz (students label and match)
- 1-page review (students label and match) (same as quiz, just different use)
- Answer key
1-page of teacher's instructions/answer key for a miming activity
- 1-page Miming Worksheet for students to fill in the blanks (no word bank)
- 1-page Miming Worksheet for students to fill in the blank (with word bank)
- 1-page Linguistic Investigation for students to determine the difference between prepositions used in given sentences
- Answer key of possibilities
- 1-page Worksheet for students to use context clues to fill in the blanks. (no wordbank)
- 1-page Worksheet for students to use context clues to fill in the blanks. (with wordbank)
- Answer key
- 16 one-page posters with photos to illustrate prepositions of movement and sentence examples
Distance Learning? I transformed some of the pages from this resource into BOOM cards. Check it out!
Interested in more with prepositions? Check out:
- Prepositions of Time and Place for Adult ESL (task cards)
- Prepositions of Location for Adult ESL (task cards)
- Prepositions of Location for Adult ESL (worksheets & activities)
This worksheet resource is included in the following bundles:
❤️ I greatly appreciate and treasure your feedback as it helps me determine which resources are the most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ❤️