This Preschool Curriculum is designed for teachers who are familiar with Emergent Curriculum, Reggio Emilia Philosophy, and The Project Approach. It blends these philosophies with early learning standards to help teachers meet all of their students academic and developmental needs.
The Inspire Curriculum covers;
- The educational philosophy behind Inspire
- Approaches to Learning
- Observing children, and why this is important in the classroom
- Creating lesson plans
- Aligning emergent lesson plans with early learning standards
- The teaching methods recommended for Inspire
- Creating documentation, and why it is valuable
- Standards-Based assessment
The curriculum also includes;
- Workbook pages to lead teachers in observing children.
- Sample questions to use during observation.
- Workbook pages that will assist in selecting project topics.
- Web templates and samples
- Explanation of how to use the classroom as a teaching element.
- Lesson plan templates and samples.
- Sample activities for for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- A checklist to help teachers reflect on learning experiences.
- Infant Toddler Standards-Based Portfolio.
- Infant Toddler Standards-Based Assessment Checklist.
- Preschool Standards-Based Portfolio.
- Preschool Standards-Based Assessment Checklist.
- Documentation panel layouts.
This curriculum is perfect for the school that has begun to explore emergent curriculum, or is required to have a written curriculum for quality rating systems. Please download the preview to see sample pages, and more detailed information!
UPDATE: I've added theoretical framework and a research base, so this curriculum can be considered a comprehensive curriculum as required for state quality improvement rating systems!
Don't forget to check out the rest of my Teacher Resources
for a number of companion products, including my How-to guide
on implementing a Reggio inspired curiculum.