This Preschool resource addresses the following:
* Preschool Journal Writing activities are individualized based on each child’s special learning needs.
* Initially, children write their first name three times in their journals. Children also “draw” in their journals.
* Students are not provided with prompts for journals topics, but are encouraged to use their imagination and creativity to draw pictures of things that they are interested in.
* Sometimes children will draw the same picture day after day and this is fine! This shows growth over time as they develop their fine motor skills and learn to add details to their drawings.
* These activities provide students with the opportunity to practice their fine motor skills and to learn how to form letters and numbers correctly.
* Oral communication skills are also developed as they tell an adult about their drawings and see their responses in writing.
This resource provides the following:
* three different journal covers with coordinating explanation for parents. Add your state's Preschool Content Standards for Writing and send home to parents.
* writing rubric
* child centered drawing lesson
Thank you for visiting our store.
If you would like to receive notifications when new products are created and added to the store, please follow us by clicking on the green star in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Please provide feedback to earn credits for your future purchases.
If you have any questions, complaints or concerns, please use the Q and A function and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks again and thank you for all you do to teach our little ones!