The activities in this resource will help students learn about music elements and techniques by:
• showing awareness of musical elements such as tempo and rhythm.
• exploring and playing a variety of rhythm instruments suitable for preschoolers.
• increasing vocabulary by identifying and naming musical instruments in the preschool classroom.
The following English Language Arts Early Learning Development Standards will be supported as your students learn to:
• ask and answer questions.
• use complete sentences.
• use opposites (slow/ fast, loud/ quiet).
Social/ Personal Skills
• develop and use turn taking skills.
• participate in group activities.
You will be provided 21 Mini-Posters of the following:
children holding or playing musical instruments including a recorder, a bongo drum, cymbals, a drum, an egg shaker, a maraca, rhythm sticks, a tambourine, a triangle, a xylophone, a saxophone, a violin, an ukulele, and a wooden block. There are also posters of a girl singing, a boy creating a recording while playing a guitar, a boy singing, a boy and a girl listening to music, and a boy and a girl dancing.
Vocabulary Word Cards
There are 16 Vocabulary Word Cards of musical instruments including:
wooden block with mallet
The small vocabulary word cards have a picture and word and can be used for:
• identification of pictures.
• vocabulary development.
• word walls.
• providing students with visual cues (spelling) when doing writing assignments
• helping students when labeling their drawings.
Store in a small plastic container with lid and add to your Writing Center. Students could also take the container to their desks when working on a project.
Print out an additional copy of the picture cards and use as a matching game.
Thank you for visiting our store.
If you would like to receive notifications when new products are created and added to the store, please follow us by clicking on the green star in the upper corner of the screen.
Please provide feedback to earn credits for your future purchases.
If you have any questions, complaints or concerns, please use the Q and A function and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks again and thank you for all you do to teach our little ones!