Science experiences and activities will provide students with opportunities that support the following Preschool Early Learning Development Standards for Science:
· use senses and tools to gather information, investigate materials, and observe processes and relationships.
· make predictions about changes in materials or objects.
· ask and answer questions about the world around them.
· explore and describe various actions that can change an object’s motion (pulling, pushing, twisting, rolling, throwing…).
Approach to Learning
· show eagerness to learn about a variety of topics and ideas.
· plan and pursue a variety of challenging tasks.
· begin to think problems through considering several possibilities and analyzing results
Using Vocabulary Word Cards
There are fifteen Vocabulary Word Cards that can be used in multiple ways:
· Use them to have students name and identify the pictures.
· Use them to match to science items.
· Make a second copy and create a matching game.
· Use to label containers holding your science supplies.
This resource provides you with fourteen Mini-Posters of children participating in different science activities including children participating in experiments and much, much more.
This resource is also helpful for English Language Learners, Early Childhood Special Education students or children with Speech/Language challenges.