Dive into the wonders of the ocean with your little one(s) this summer! Exploring the ocean is tons of fun, but it's important to include play in a preschooler's day. Keeping that in mind, I've created my summer play packet featuring ocean themed animals.
In this packet your preschooler will:
I. Practice fine motor skill development with:
- scissor practice pages
- line sheets
- name printing cards.
II. Develop memory and number/quantitiy recognition and concepts with:
- Matching Games (2) Number and Quantity Matching and Original Picture Matching
III. Practice one to one correspondence counting with:
- Numbers Under the Sea counting up to 5
- Numbers Under the Sea Chart and Color
IV. Integrate Music and Song with Counting and Crafts
- Five Little Fishes Song Lyrics with full color finger puppet cut- outs
- Five Little Fishes Song Lyrics with black and white "Color My Own" puppet cut-outs
Line sheets are designed with dotted lines in various directions practicing muscle movement vertically, diagonally and horizontally as will be needed in writing letters later.
Name cards can be used to write trace their names or practice name letter recognition using attached clothes pins with the matching letters. Scissor practice pages are to develop your preschooler in holding the scissors correctly, turning the page and cutting on the line. These can be glued in a book for keeping!