Supplement your play based lessons and therapy sessions using these transportation themed vocabulary activities! These hands on vocabulary activities help young learners explore different types of vehicles and transportation vocabulary.
The following vocabulary words are targeted in this packet: Helicopter, Airplane, Car, Fire Engine, Dump Truck, Boat, Train, Rocket, Hot Air Balloon, Cement Mixer, Truck, Digger, Tractor, Semi Truck, Traffic Light, Cone, Sign, Submarine. PLEASE NOTE: These activities are only available in COLOR at this time.
This resource includes the following activities:
- Transportation Vocabulary Activities: 4 activity suggestions that can be used with the vocabulary cards.
- Transportation Vocabulary Cards: There is one vocabulary card for every vocabulary word listed above.
- Play Dough Smash Mats: This hands on activity can be used to practice following directions and identifying transportation vocabulary.
- Sentence Builder: Students use visual cues and pictures to practice making the sentence "I see the _____ (insert vocabulary word)".
- File Folder Vocabulary Game: Students practice sorting images of vehicles and animals into categories.
- Matching Picture-to-Picture Sensory Bin Activity: A hands on activity to practice vocabulary, matching pictures, following directions, and fine motor skills.
- Does Not Belong: Students identify which picture in a field of 4 is not a vehicle.
- "Wh" Questions: Students answer "what" questions regarding functions of common vehicles in a field of 4 images.
- Transportation Bingo: Use the BINGO board to improve vocabulary comprehension.
- Fine Motor Puzzles: Practice cutting, matching, and visual processing skills as your students create these paper puzzles with pictures of vehicles. There are 4 puzzles.
If you liked this activity you might also like the following items from my store:
Body Part Activity Packet
Year-Long Non-Verbal Homework Calendar
Speech Therapy Stuttering Activities Bundle