Preschool activities in this unit provide opportunities to make connections between school and home. Songs and finger plays are predictable and enjoyable ways to build connections between all members of the classroom community. Activities in this unit support cognitive and language development and encourage children to observe things in their environment so they begin to describe things in detail.
This packet includes:
* Finger Plays 3 pages * Cooking 1 page
* Music 3 pages * Math 2 pages
* Arts & Crafts 2 pages * “Happy Face” recipe template to follow.
• 2 - “My Five Senses” book templates. (children draw 4 things in each category)
• 8 Feeling faces for feelings lesson and 1 feeling face page, for home/school
connection. (worried, scared, happy, surprised, angry, cranky, sad, tired).
• “All About Me” puzzle piece for child to draw a picture of themselves to
• “MY House” pieces children color and construct in art to put together.
• “All About Me”, family finger puppets to color.
• Boy/Girl template children color for bulletin board.
• “I Can Write My Numbers to 10” book template.
• “Constructing Numerals” play dough activity.
• Butterfly match math activity. Triangles with a number on one side and
corresponding number shapes on the other side. (1-10)
• Shapes for the “Plate of Shapes” activity.
• Shapes for the Music Tune activity.
• Copy book template. Fold the cover in half then fold the paper with the printed
page out. Then put into cover spine out.
PK.AL.4 PK.SED.1 PK. CLL.4 PK.CKW.3 PK.PDH.1