Follow Jen and Dan through a normal day at work and their days off to take a look at the differences between the present continuous and the present simple tenses. Students will go through their schedules and develop a plan for their own days off, then they will practice asking and answering a series of questions to drive home the difference between these two common tenses.
The lesson is meant to last 1 -1.5 hours, perfect for most English classes, and includes an extra activity in case your class lasts longer. It comes with both a student version and a teacher version, so you have everything you need to deliver a great lesson!
In this purchase, you will receive:
- 3 pages of high-quality material, designed to guide your student through the learning process, including...
- A warm up activity to get your students talking
- Activities that introduce the differences between the present continuous and present simple tenses
- A final production activity so students can use the knowledge they have learned
- Grammar notes and instructions to make sure you are prepared for class
- Answer key with the answer to every question in the lesson
- A lesson plan planned down to the minute to ensure you stay on track. (Included in the lesson plan you will find an extra activity in case you need more.)
My students love this lesson, and I'm sure yours will too. Use it once or use it for years to come!
If you enjoy this lesson and want to see more like it, check out everything we have to offer at Zippylessons!