The objective of the game is for players to become familiar with past and present tense irregular verbs. The winner of the game will have matched up the most present and past tense verbs. It is a mixture of knowledge, luck and good memory skills.
This resource contains two files. A word document (so that it can be edited if necessary) and a pdf document.
1. Print out the pages with the irregular verbs on them. (laminate to preserve if you want)
2. Keep piles separated (past tense verbs are underlined).
3. Have learners work in pairs or groups
4. Place the present tense verbs face down spread out in one area and the past tense verbs in another area. (Keeping them in rows and columns is best).
5. Player 1 turns over one card from the present tense and then tries to find the matching verb from the past tense area.
6. If a match is not made, they turn the cards back over and the next person has their turn.
7. When a match is made the learner keeps the two cards.
8. The winner is the player with the most cards at the end of the game.
9. Optional – learners to then make up sentences with the verbs for extra points.