If you are like me, too often, your students end up providing presentations with very little skill. Making the expectations explicit by actually teaching them how to present is a way of resolving the ongoing pattern of "just get it over with" and motivate students to actually present.
These drills are meant to
- explicitly teach essential presentation skills
- help your students build mastery in these skills
- be integrated into your lessons (can be done in 10-20 minutes a day over the course of several weeks, depending on class size)
- provide students with self and peer-assessment opportunities
- provide metacognition or reflection opportunities for students
- develop both listening and speaking skills
- provide formative and optional summative assessment (in the form of a reflection journal)
I hope you find the package helpful!
In this package, you will find
a) Pg. 3-8: Student handouts to help build their presentation skills. Each page focuses on a particular skill and provides clear strategies to apply for that particular skill.
b) Pg. 8: Optional handout for presentation reflection questions to target each skill. Rubric included.
c) Completely editable as a Word doc to customize for your students' needs