As I work with presentations with my classes, I now really delve into the actual skills of the presentation, and the Spanish/French are part of the whole presentation, but not the focus. The grade for the presentation creates a more complete picture of HOW the student really can present (skills vs activities, Teaching by Design!)
The student memorizes the text I give them, and then we work intensely on their dynamic speech and gestures. There are many more elements (eye contact, opening line, etc.) but I decided to go slowly with these skills. I have shown many videos on good speech making, and youtube videos showing HOW to present.
1. How concentrated was my work in class?
2. How natural and well placed were my gestures?
3. How authentic was my pronunciation?
4. How dynamic was my voice?
5. How strong was my memorization?
1. I exceeded expectations 20,19
2. I met expectations 18,17,16
3. I approached expectations 15,14,13,12
4. I did not meet expectations 11,10,9,8
This is working surprisingly well. Not sure why, but as I tweek it, it becomes more powerful. Enjoy!