In accordance with the "task-based" approach, I suggest you use these worksheets at the beginning of the lesson as a "warm-up".
You should have a wall map of the United-Kingdom in your classroom. The student will have to let you know about the weather for today, yesterday or tomorrow. This task will be a great opportunity for your students to revise the English tenses and comparisons. This task will also help your students remember the main cities and regions of the United Kingdom.
In this bundle you will find :
- a worksheet which must be given to your students. They will be allowed to use it as a model for their own speaking task. As the year goes by, they will have to speak without the worksheet.
- Lovely flashcards + arrows that you had better laminate for the classroom use. Before your students come in, put the weather symbols next to the cities, use the arrows to designate the cities.
- Flashcards illustrating temperatures.
- Weather symbols that can be used to urge students to make comparisons : for example, if you put 1 sun next to Manchester, the student may say : "Today it is hot / sunny in Manchester" and if you put 2 suns in London, the student may say : "But it is hotter / sunnier in London."
- 3 cards "Yesterday", "Today", "Tomorrow" hinting at the tense which must be used in the sentence.
Do not hesitate to contact me for other information !!!
I often do this activity in class and the children love it !!!