Whoa, this one is a doozy.
In addition to a day by day unit plan, this includes the following:
1. Class notes on structure of presidency and presidential powers.
2. Reading activity on Federalist 70 (with answers)
3. Activity examining formal and informal qualifcations of president
4. Activity examining the evolving powers of the president
5. Collaborative assessment: Grade-a-POTUS, including rubric and class activity for presentation time
6. Class notes on roles of the presidency
7. Activity assessing which political branch controls the government
8. Watching guide to Cheney's Law (Frontline)
9. Class notes on structure of Bureaucracy
10. Class notes on ordinancy power of presidency
11. Activity on War Powers Resolution (with answers)
12. Reading activity on Dick Cheney as vice president
13. Activity on Bureacracy
I use these in my general government and honors government classes; makes connections to the advanced learning curriculum.