Do your students want to learn more about the presidential election and what it takes to become president of the United States? The purpose of this activity is to engage your students by having them become detectives and learn about the process of electing a president of the United States. This resource is especially helpful at the time of an election but it can be used whenever. Students (or detectives) can earn the highest election detective ranking- Election President!
UPDATED FOR 2020 ELECTION!
Topics Covered in Election Detective Activity:
→K-"No W"-L chart
→The President: Roles and Responsibilities
→Presidential Election Process
→The Electoral College
→Election Night Results
Download our preview for more details!
Students will work in groups and become election detectives and research the election process for the president of the United States. Students are introduced to the activity in the detective briefing room, where they are given their election detective badges and their detective "To Do's".
Included in Election Detective Resource:
- Election Detectives Teacher Tips (2-pages; PDF)
- Detective Badges (1-page; 6 per page)
- Introductory Handout (1-page; PDF)
- Investigation Questions Handout (8-pages; PDF)
- Investigation Questions Answer Key (8-pages; PDF)
- Election Process Cut-Outs (1-page; PDF)
- Election Detective Grading Rubric (1-page; PDF)
- Election Detective Certificates (1-page; 6 per page; PDF)
- Texting Election Activity (1-page; PDF)
- Mock Presidential Election Activity (1-page; PDF)
Not included in Resource:
- Resources needed for research (websites, books, etc.)
- Specific information on any presidential candidates
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
· Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources and sales.
· Join our newsletter.
Copyright © Wise Guys
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.