The following is a common core-based lesson/worksheet that focuses on the foreign policy of President George Washington. This worksheet is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking. Several activities include:
• Do now – critical thinking question perfect for class discussion. Sets up lesson appropriately.
• Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson activity – as Jefferson, make foreign policy recommendations to Washington
• What Would You Do? - Britain vs. France
• Video clip – HBO’s John Adams (Youtube link provided)
• Primary and Secondary source analysis – Proclamation of Neutrality, Jay Treaty, and Washington’s Farewell Address. Includes 10 critical thinking questions perfect for small group or whole class discussion.
• Answer the aim.
This worksheet can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thanks!