Your elementary students will become an expert on an American President or First Lady as they practice research skills and prepare a speech. Using this assignment, your class will practice researching famous Americans, gather artifacts, and then write a speech using guided worksheets.
• Teachers Notes with tips for how to implement the assignment
• Student Assignment Sheet with guidelines, directions, and expectations
• Student Research Worksheet to guide the researching process
• Student Speech Form to guide elementary students through the speech-writing process
• All three student forms come in a Presidential version and a First Lady version
• Rubric for grading speeches
All Student Worksheets are in black-and-white only (no colorful border) for ease of use and copying.
This is one of my favorite projects of the year, and I know you and your students will love it, too!