2016 Election CLINTON and TRUMP - Activities for Autism and Special Education Students K-3
BUY THE BUNDLE FOR ONLY $6.00!!!!
2016 Presidential Election Activities BUNDLE - CLINTON and TRUMP
Let’s learn about Clinton and Trump and the 2016 Presidential Election! Students will be engaged and remain on task as they answer questions, take a daily question poll, research facts about each nominee, and VOTE!
This upcoming Presidential Election has captured everyone’s interest, with its’ almost daily twists and turns. Let’s have ALL students get involved in the process of electing a new President, even if it is just pretend! With this activity, your Kindergarten through 3rd Grade students with autism/special needs/ELL/inclusion, will:
• Participate in a Group Setting
• Do computer-based Research (3 easy questions)
• Actively engage in a teacher-led Daily Question Poll (30 Question Polling Sheets)
• Complete an Academic Presidential Characteristics/Opinion Craft with Visual Support
• Engage or respond to questions
• Present their opinion (Talk about Fact vs. Opinion)
• Learn fun facts about each candidate that you may not even know (no worries, answers are provided!)
• Vote for the candidate of their choice using a Visual Choice Voting Card!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Foam Core Board (Available at Dollar Store/Dollar Deals/Walmart/Target/Office Supply Stores)
• 2 brass fasteners (paper brads) to hold Daily Polling Questions
• Velcro Strips
• Color Printer
• Large Craft Sticks for Craft Activity (I got mine at Walmart)
SUGGESTED IEP GOAL ALIGNMENT:
Given an activity related to a current event and presented in a _______(small/large/up to # of students) group setting, STUDENT will demonstrate compliance, the ability to participate in a meaningful way, and remain on task during an academic lesson in a group setting, by raising his/her hand in order to express an opinion, answer a question, or to receive a turn, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities presented, by MONTH, YEAR (IEP Goal End Date).
Copyright © AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
Find us on PINTEREST by clicking here!
Find us on FACEBOOK by clicking here!
Find us on INSTAGRAM by clicking here!
Thank you for supporting Autism Awareness and Acceptance by purchasing this activity. Enjoy with your students!