Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
22.17 MB | 6 lessons, 3 simulations, 11 writing prompts, and more! pages
Presidential election years are exciting! If you wish to teach your upper elementary-aged students about our government and the election process, look no further.
Included in this pack are:
*a unit outline describing each lesson and simulation
*6 Powerpoint presentations with visuals, animations, and discussion questions at the end:
1) What is a Democracy and the Constitution
2) What are Political Parties and Voter Registration?
3) What is the Difference Between Primaries and Caucuses?
4) What are Conventions?
5) What is the Electoral College?
6) The Inauguration of the President and Presidential Duties
*3 simulations, which include PowerPoints (candidates and the "issues"), candidate profile sheets, candidate PNG images, voter registration cards, and editable ballots:
1) primary election simulation
2) caucus election simulation
3) general election electoral college simulation
*I Have, Who Has? [editable] game for 25 students (important terms mentioned in the PowerPoints
*campaign slogans throughout history (PowerPoint)
*11 writing prompts
*CCSS sheet discussing standards addressed in this unit of study
Make the U.S. democratic process relevant and salient for your students with this election pack! Email me at 35Corks@gmail.com with questions, comments, or suggestions for additions. I'm happy to include games and other activities you can use in your classroom.
6 lessons, 3 simulations, 11 writing prompts, and more!