Dive into current issues facing our Presidential candidates with our Presidential Challenge on Education Frame-Able project.
What do your students know about real issues facing education in America today? How do current candidates feel about these issues? What ideas do our students, those most affected by our education system, have about how to fix some of the current problems?
Give your students a voice and an in-depth look at the issue of education in our country as they use the research pages to develop a better understanding of current candidates position on various educational issues in this project. Once students have completed the research they will create a potential presidential candidate, define their candidate's position on the outlined issues and decide which current candidate they will run against. Students must develop a campaign for their candidate, justify their candidate's viewpoint, discredit the view point of their opponent, invent new ideas for educational reform and design a model or tool in the STEAM challenge.
This project includes:
1. Directions for creating the project foldable
2. Teacher/Student Instructions for the STEAM project
3. Reading Selections that give a brief background into current education issues
4. Research on each current presidential candidate including their viewpoints on the outlined education issues
5. Templates for students to use as they work through developing their presidential candidate's campaign
Tags: election, candidate, education, debate, justify, presidential, campaign, stem, steam, 2016