Also included in
- TEACHING CIVICS:A BUNDLE OF RESOURCES!1. The Election Process(Webquest):Teaching citizenship? Students will learn about the election process including requirements to run for office, requirements to vote, the Succession Act, the Electoral College and more. There are 12 web questions, a Did You Know?$22.00$24.10Save $2.10
President Andrew Johnson had a pet white mouse. President William McKinley had a pet parrot who was trained to whistle, "Yankee Doodle". President James Garfield was the first president to be left- handed AND could write with both hands(and different languages at the same time-Greek and Latin). George H W Bush liked eating pork rinds as a snack. President George Washington was a spelunker, a person that likes searching in caves. John F. Kennedy said, “And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” Use this presidential webquest to learn more about our presidents!
A STUDENT VERSION is now included in the Zipdrive.
You may find these additional resources of interest:
1. Did you know that First Lady Hillary Clinton was the first First Lady to become a senator of New York? Clinton was also the first woman to run for President for a major political party(Democratic) and won the popular vote to Donald Trump(2016 election) by over 3 million votes but lost the electoral votes. Do you know that Florence Harding was the first woman to be able to VOTE for her husband in a presidential election? Learn about the contributions of some of our first ladies with this fun and informative webquest. For grades 4 and up. First Ladies of the USA, A Webquest
2. Learn about the White House with 10 informative web questions, comprehension and discussion questions and several extension activities. The White House, A Webquest
3. Learn about Abe Lincoln with this informative web quest! President Lincoln started our national Thanksgiving holiday.And, you may not know that Abraham Lincoln didn't like the name Abe and that even his wife called him by the name Lincoln. Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. Includes extension activities for language arts. Abraham Lincoln, A Webquest
4. Use this informative Reader's Theater Script to learn about Abraham Lincoln. The fun/informative play uses the format of Abraham Lincoln being a guest on a talk show and the studio audience asks questions about his life. Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee's Talk Show Series.Abraham Lincoln, A Reader's Theater Script
Learn about the history of the State of the Union Address with this internet activity so you can WOW your friends with all you know about the history of this yearly event!There are 10 web questions, 9 Did You Know? Facts, 6 comprehension questions, a student page(handout to give for homework or extra credit for the night of the State of the Union Address), a teacher page with a couple of extension activities and the key to both the web quest and the comprehension questions. History of the State of the Union Address :Webquest
I have also written several plays on First Ladies including: Dolly Madison, Abigail Adams, Martha Washington, Mary Todd Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt,Lady Bird Johnson, Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama.Go to my store to see more....
*Perhaps you might wish to click Follow My Store by the green star by my photograph. I send out monthly updates and offer specials from time to time.