Presidents' Day: Presidents' Day Interdisciplinary Unit for Intermediate Grades -
This unit, "Presidents' Day" encourages students to explore the historical significance of Presidents' Day in a fun and meaningful way!
* Explore the history of Presidents' Day and come to understand why all states don't celebrate this special day in the same way.
* Engage in a challenging Presidents' Day writing activity emphasizing the importance of detail
* Organize ideas in a circle map
* Analyze political cartoons related to Presidents' Day
* Discover similarities between Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy.
* Create a unique pop-up book with important information about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Mount Vernon and the White House
*Conduct a mini-research project on George Washington and Abe Lincoln
| writing | political cartoons | holiday | President's Day | Abraham Lincoln | George Washington | Compare Lincoln and Kennedy |
This unit was created by Paula McClendon of Dazzle on a Dime, LLC. It is protected by copyright and is intended for one classroom use only. If you wish to share the resource with your colleagues, please purchase an additional license.