Fill your February centers with this collection of eight cross-curricular games and activities to support your content area teaching for Presidents Day. The resources will reinforce vocabulary and content while supporting first and second grade language arts and math standards.
Cross-curricular teaching will help your students learn and retain more as they make connections. Teaching this way will also save you TIME as you address multiple content area objectives simultaneously!
Please download the preview for a detailed list of the contents and a free White House roll and add activity!
Here's what's included in this resource:
* Counting with Mr. President, a 120 chart board game for moving up and moving back on the chart to add and subtract
* White House Roll and Circle, a game for addition facts with sums of 2 through 12
* Shopping for Words, an addition activity. Letters are assigned values and students add to determine the total value of each word.
* Counting by Fives puzzle page to assemble in order
* Presidents Day Four in a Row vocabulary game
* Eight riddle cards for presidential words, like voting, leader, United States of America, February, and voting.
* Making Words for Presidents Day, differentiated at two levels, plus an independent or small group activity for sorting the words by spelling pattern
* Vocabulary cards, for matching / memory games or for use with the included alphabetical order page as a center activity
The Presidents Day vocabulary words for this resource are Washington, Lincoln, president, elect, vote, celebrate, February, leader, and United States.
Are you looking for more math resources for your Presidents Day teaching? Take a look at this set of 120 chart games and printable worksheets!
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click here to follow my store. You ‘ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺