Presidents Day Activities Reading Comprehension Close Reading with Presidents
These Presidents Day activities will teach your first and second grade students about Presidents Day. Reading comprehension is made easy with these Close Reading activities that go along with the informational reader with many real photos. Students have their own reader to use for many of the activities. Your students will love learning about the Presidents Day holiday, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Many skills are included along with posters and anchor chart pieces.
This engaging and packed resource includes:
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets and Activities
- Word Wall and Writing Center Vocabulary Cards with real photos
- Informational (Non-fiction) "Teacher" Book
- Informational Student Reader for students to use for Close Reading
- Close Reading ActivityTrue/False
- Fact/Opinion Posters and Worksheet
- Proper Nouns Poster and Close Reading
- Nouns Poster and Close Reading
- Adjectives Poster and Close Reading
- Literacy Center Matching Activity
- Anchor Chart Pieces for Character Traits
- Character Traits Worksheet
- Syllables Worksheet
- Word Search Worksheet
- Writing Activities with Class Book Template
- Vocabulary Activities and Worksheets
❤️ Don't forget that leaving positive feedback earns you points toward FREE TpT purchases. I love that feedback! Please rate this resource and leave feedback HERE.
❤️ Also, follow me to be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the 1st ten buyers after they are posted. It pays to follow me! Be the first to know about our new resources. CLICK HERE.
❤️ If you have any questions or need help with this resource, please email us at
❤️ For FUN teaching ideas and freebies, visit us at The Fun Factory Blog