Also included in
- Incorporate meaningful reading with comprehension activities with Nonfiction Reading Passages for Holidays. Teach the "why" behind each holiday with these nonfiction reading passages. These are a wonderful way to incorporate Social Studies into your ELA block (or vice versa!). Included in this bundl$28.00$41.75Save $13.75
Are you looking for meaningful and engaging activities to teach about Presidents' Day? Close reading is so crucial to helping our students become successful in deeply comprehending short but complex texts.
This is a great resource for learning about Presidents' Day by dissecting the text through multiple readings. Your students will love all of these activities to learn about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and the history of this important holiday.
- differentiated nonfiction texts
- non-fiction text features
- comprehension questions
- make a card
- compare/contrast foldable activity
- illustrating and responding to the text
- coloring pages
What Educators are saying about Presidents' Day Close Reading:
"I used this resource as an opportunity to teach students about President's Day during small group intervention. Everything I needed was included making prep time very minimal." - 4th and 5th grade teacher
You might also like:
Q: How many activities are included?
A: In addition to the leveled passages, this resource includes a comprehension question page, vocabulary page, nonfiction text features worksheet, writing page, create a card, compare/contrast foldable and more! You will have plenty to spread over a week of learning about Presidents' Day!
Q: What grade levels will this work with?
A: There are 3 leveled passages that work well for grades 2 through 5.
If you have any questions, please let me know! Thank you!
Questions? Feel free to send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © The Sassy Apple Company
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.