PATCH is a guided, easy to use acronym for remembering the steps to close reading along with gradual release of responsibilities activities.
Developed for grade 1, 2, and 3, this packet is aligned with Common Core standards for literacy integration. It is meant to guide students through the close reading process while learning about President's Day. The students should be able to answer why we celebrate Presidents' Day and when it occurs.
This packet includes:
- Presidents' Day Close Reading Passage (560 Lexile)
- Text-dependent questions
- Hands-On Activity
- Interactive Notebook version of the above
- 6 Literacy Stations that incorporate the Presidents' Day Close Read
- Annotating Poster & Bookmarks
- Vocabulary Cards with interactive notebook pocket
- Counting Coins Manipulative Cards
- Coin Task Cards
Look for more PATCH Close Reads for 1st & 2nd grade science!
Follow us to learn when more individual and bundled close reads are developed!
These two math and social studies Presidents' Day activities are also sold separately:
Presidents' Day Close Read
Presidents' Day Coin Practice