Your students will enjoy this two-part activity based on Hanoch Piven’s book, “What Presidents Are Made Of”. Piven, who is noted for his collage illustrations, has created portraits of various presidents using items such as candy, flag pins, cotton balls, and chain links.
After reading and discussing the book to your class, students will select presidents to research/Part 1. Once the research is completed, students will create collage portraits of the Presidents/Part 2.
Included in this product:
• Teaching Tips
• Presidential Fact Sheet printable
• President Book List for children
• President Biography Websites for students
• Vocabulary and Idiom List
• Photo Sample of previous student collages
• “What Presidents Are Made Of” Book Cover Photo
• Hail to the Chief Sign to display with students’ art work
Thank you for considering this product.
Here's another FREE American Holiday activity for you and your students.
Sail to my store to discover more teaching treasure!
The Pirate Queen