Measurement Activity - This is a super fun and engaging activity to reinforce measurement (in feet, inches, and centimeters) for 3rd - 5th graders!
**It can also be used for President's Day!
To begin this activity, you can draw a large picture of Abe Lincoln on butcher paper (stick figures will do!). Then, each pair of students will get a sheet of butcher paper to trace and measure themselves. Students will then complete a worksheet comparing their height to one of the following:
Abe Lincoln (tallest president)
Any President (you will likely need computer access for this)
Abe Lincoln and James Madison (shortest president)
** Students must be able to convert units of length (inches to feet/inches and vice versa)
* Picture examples
* Abe Lincoln picture to project onto butcher paper for drawing purposes
* You can choose between three worksheets for the activity
1. Are You Taller Than Abe? worksheet
2. Are You Taller Than a President? worksheet
3. How Do You Compare to a President? worksheet
* Height of US Presidents worksheet with answer sheet
* If I Were As Tall As Abe Lincoln worksheet
What other engaging activities? Try these!
Balancing a Budget
Math Restaurant Menus
Multiplication Fact Reading Passages
Area and Perimeter Dream Home Project
Connect with me:
Be the first to know about sales and freebies!
All of my products are 50% off
for the first 24 hours
. Be the first to know about this by following my store!
* Click on the green
star at the top of my page to become a follower