President's Day Plus 9 is a fun way to give children practice with the Plus 9 addition strategy.
In this game, players take turns rolling a die. They must then add nine to the number they rolled and a place a chip on the answer. The first player to cover all their numbers is the winner. If time runs out, whoever has the most numbers covered wins.
This game would make a great extension activity, center game, or a fun thing to do on Presidents' Day. You could even send copies home for students to play with their families.
This set contains three versions of the game:
1) Game boards going to 6+9 which can be played using a standard 6-sided die.
2) Game boards going to 9+9 which can be played using a 10-sided die.
2) Game boards going to 12+9 which requires the use of a 12-sided die.
Having three different versions of the game board allows for differing ability levels to compete at the same game. The game boards feature pictures of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, & The White House.
Additional materials needed to play:
- a die
- markers (such as pennies or beans)
Please visit my store for more fun primary math activities with a focus on place value, addition, & subtraction.
President's Day Games are available for the following addition strategies:
- Plus One
- Plus Two
- Plus Three
- Rainbow 10s
(numbers that add up to 10)
- Adding 0 & 10
- Doubles + 1
(e.g. 6+7 = 6+6+1)
- Adding 9
- Adding 8
For just $5.00 you can download The President's Day Mega Bundle that contains all the strategies!
I also have a Presidents Day Place Value
activity that is a lot of fun!
* Be sure to hit the 'follow me' button to keep up to date on all my exciting upcoming releases.