President's Day Adding 0 & 10 is a fun way to give children practice with the adding 0 & 10 strategy.
In this game, players take turns rolling a die. They must then add either 0 or 10 to the number they rolled and a place a chip on that answer. The first player to cover all their numbers is the winner. If time runs out, whoever has the most numbers covered wins.
This game would make a great extension activity, center game, or a fun thing to do on Presidents' Day. You could even send copies home for students to play with their families.
This set contains three versions of the game:
1) Game boards going up to the number 16 which can be played using a standard 6-sided die.
2) Game boards going up to the number 19 which can be played using a 10-sided die.
2) Game boards going up to the number 22 which require the use of a 12-sided die.
Having three different versions of the game board allows for differing ability levels to compete at the same game.
Additional materials needed to play:
- a die
- markers (such as pennies or beans)
Please visit my store for more fun primary math activities with a focus on place value, addition, & subtraction.
President's Day Games are available for the following addition strategies:
- Plus One
- Plus Two
- Plus Three
- Rainbow 10s
(numbers that add up to 10)
- Adding 0 & 10
- Doubles + 1
(e.g. 6+7 = 6+6+1)
- Adding 9
- Adding 8
For just $5.00 you can download The President's Day Mega Bundle that contains all the strategies!
I also have a Presidents Day Place Value
activity that is a lot of fun!
* Be sure to hit the 'follow me' button to keep up to date on all my exciting upcoming releases.