Engaging word problem task cards board game and Tick Tack Toe will give your students lots of MEASUREMENT and math skill practice along with some FUN PRESIDENTS' DAY TRIVIA. These easy to prepare 12 self-checking task cards come in color or black and white. Students can either play a Washington DC board game with them or President-themed Tick Tack Toe game (in 2 sizes). All game boards, game pieces, and posters come in either color or black and white. A student RECORDING SHEET provides space for short answers with numbers that match the task cards. You can also choose to have your students use a WORKSHEET that provides more space for them to show their work and explain answers.
A teacher ANSWER KEY is also provided. This resource also provides you with MEASUREMENT INSTRUCTIONAL POSTERS (ANCHOR CHARTS). The President trivia is based on the book, So You Want to be President? which allows the unit to be easily integrated with reading and social studies if you want. These task cards, games, worksheets, posters, and activities are great with cooperative groups, independently, in centers, as an assessment, or TEST PREP. You can use it for Presidents' Day or a President and/or Washington DC unit of study.
This product includes...
* Direction page
* Common Core Standard page
*12 task cards with or without the answer on the back and an introduction and conclusion card about the Presidents
* Black and white task cards can be cut apart or used as a worksheet and provides room for students to show their work
* Washington DC game board with matching trivia page to give students some facts about the memorials and places in DC.
* 6 sets of 5 different game markers for Washington DC board game
* President Tick Tack Toe board that comes in 2 sizes depending on use
* Tick Tack Toe game pieces in 2 different sizes
* 1 page for students to create their own word problems
* Student short answer recording sheet that is numbered to match task cards
* Teacher answer key
* 3 page patriotic themed recording sheets where students can draw, show their work, and explain their answer.
* 1 colorful center sign (poster) with student directions
* 3 Measurement Reference sheets or posters (anchor charts) that come in color or black and white
Common Core Standards included:
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.3 Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.1 Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb, oz.; l, ml; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.2 Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including problems involving simple fractions or decimals, and problems that require expressing measurements given in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.OA.A.3 Solve multi-step word problems posed with whole numbers and having whole-number answers using the four operations, including problems in which remainders must be interpreted.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.NBT.B.4 Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.NBT.B.6 Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors.
Click below for more engaging games and units of study in Grades 3-6
Winter Math Centers with Task Cards and Games: CCSS Aligned
Valentine's Day Math Centers: Multiple a Fraction by a Whole Number
Valentine's Day Math and Literacy Centers with Games and Projects
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit Black and White Version
Winter Math Word Problems, Task Cards and Games
Biography Informational Text Research and Project
Vocabulary Acquisition and Synonym Games and Practice (Word of the Day)
The Mystery Genre: Bundled Unit for Grades 3 - 5
BAT MATH, BAT ACTIVITIES, BAT PROJECTS for 3rd Grade
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR GRADE 4
Weathering, Erosion, Deposition Word Wall, Activities, Games and More
If you have any question about this product please contact me at email@example.com. I would be happy to help in any way I can.
TPT CREDIT FOR FUTURE PURCHASES
Go to "My Purchases" and click on the "Provide Feedback" button. Click on it and leave a rating and a short comment. This will give you credit and lower your cost on your next purchases.
Learn about my sales, freebies, and new products by clicking on the "Follow Me" button.
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.