Your students will love these word problem task cards and games that focus mainly on measurement and include President trivia. The 12 self-checking task cards come in color or black and white. Students can either play a Washington DC board game with them or President-themed Tick Tack Toe game (in 2 sizes). All game boards, game pieces, and posters come in either color or black and white. A student recording sheet provides space for short answers with numbers that match the task cards. You can also choose to have your students use worksheets that provide more space for them to show their work and explain answers.
A teacher answer key is also provided. The President trivia is based on the book, So You Want to be President? which allows the unit to be be easily integrated with reading and social studies if you want. These task cards, games, worksheets, posters, and activities are great with cooperative groups, independently, in centers, or as an assessment. You can use it for Presidents Day or if your students are studying the Presidents and/or Washington DC.
This product includes...
* Direction page
* Common Core Standard page
*12 task cards with the answer on the back and an introduction and conclusion card
* Black and white task cards can be cut a part or used as a work sheet and provides room for students to show their work
* Washington DC game board with matching trivia page to give students some facts
* 6 sets of 5 different game markers for Washington DC board game
* President Tick Tack Toe board that comes in 2 sizes depending on use
* Tick Tack Toe game pieces in 2 different sizes
* 1 page for students to create their own word problems
* Student short answer recording sheet that is numbered to match task cards
* Teacher answer key
* 3 page patriotic themed recording sheets where students can draw, show their work, and explain their answer.
* 1 colorful center sign (poster) with student directions
* 3 Measurement Reference sheets or posters come in color or black and white
Common Core Standards included
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.3 Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.1 Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb, oz.; l, ml; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.2 Use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances, intervals of time, liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including problems involving simple fractions or decimals, and problems that require expressing measurements given in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.OA.A.3 Solve multi-step word problems posed with whole numbers and having whole-number answers using the four operations, including problems in which remainders must be interpreted.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.NBT.B.4 Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
* CCSS.Math.Content.4.NBT.B.6 Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors.
Click below for more Common Core resources in Grades 3-6
Winter Math Centers with Task Cards and Games: CCSS Aligned
Valentine's Day Math Centers: Multiple a Fraction by a Whole Number
Valentine's Day Math and Literacy Centers with Games and Projects
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit Black and White Version
Winter Math Word Problems, Task Cards and Games
Biography Informational Text Research and Project
Vocabulary Aquisition and Synonym Games and Practice (Word of the Day)