These paired passages include a nonfiction George Washington passage and a nonfiction Abraham Lincoln passage, perfect for Presidents’ Day. With the push for more rigor and changes in state testing, students are expected to read, comprehend, and respond to paired passages. Pick and choose what activities your students need the most. You could use them all over the course of a week and allow the passage to serve as close reading material. They are also PERFECT for small group instruction, strategy groups, and centers. These can be used for 4th or 5th grade students and some higher level 3rd grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 George Washington Nonfiction passage
- 1 Abraham Lincoln Nonfiction passage
- 10 Multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Character trait organizers for each passage
- Sequence cut a paste activity for each passage
- Nonfiction text features task
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Paired Passages Holiday Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Valentine's Day Paired Passages
Martin Luther King Jr. Paired Passages
Harriet Tubman Paired Passages
Franklin Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt Paired Passages
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!