Bundled, interactive webquests, games, smartboard activities-all materials provided.
Loaded with fun-learning about U.S. Presidents, and election processes, gain skills and knowledge in reading, mathematics, history, social studies, government, language arts and technology. .ELA Common Core Standards,
- Math, Reading, Social Studies games - all materials provided
- Student friendly Internet links
What will students learn?
• Students will gain library skills as they learn how to conduct research, take notes, outline and record source information.
• Students will learn how to identify main ideas and important details and how to summarize information.
• Students will learn how to write a basic research or nonfiction paper.
• Students will learn historical information as they research their selected U.S. President via games, speeches and other engaging and interactive activities involving U.S Presidents.
• Students will learn social studies as they present current events of historic decades in which their U. S. President lived.
. Students will learn about government as they become involved in presidential election activities.
• Students will reinforce skills in mathematics (sorting, measuring, graphing, and estimating) via games and other activities.
Suggested Grade levels: 4 - 8
Suggested Duration: 6 - 8 weeks
How will students show their learning?
• Students will have many opportunities to demonstrate learning that meet the multiple intelligence of all students in your classroom. Some ways include oral performances such as participating in a Parade of Presidents, art projects, individual and group performances.
All Teacher Resources needed for this project are provided. Included are the following:
- A Teacher Website that details lesson suggestions, game procedures and materials.
- A Student Website that offers a comprehensive set of student friendly Internet links that provides resources to cover all aspects of the project. This eliminates wasted student effort.
- An Instructional PowerPoint tool for teachers that is loaded with lesson procedures and engaging practice activities for students.
- All Rubrics for students' tasks are provided.
- Numerous Games - (U.S. Presidents Scavenger Hunt, U.S. Presidents Bingo, etc - all materials provided.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.