Preterite Sandal Verbs Cucharas Spoons Game
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Reinforce preterite tense verbs in Spanish with these fun games of Cucharas, the Spanish class version of Spoons. Students love collecting all the conjugations of a verb in the preterite tense and racing to grab the spoons! This is a great way to get students engaged and focusing on the details of pPrice $22.25Original Price $28.00Save $5.75
- This bundle includes 20 of my Cucharas (Spoons) games at a savings of 20% vs. buying them individually! That's 20 different versions of the super fun and lively game Cucharas and hours and hours of fun for your Spanish classes at an awesome discount! Everything is ready to print, cut, and use!StudenPrice $64.00Original Price $80.00Save $16.00
- If you teach Spanish 2, you NEED this Spanish 2 mega bundle of 100 engaging and fun activities! In it, you will find the following:20 task card sets21 digital task card decks (Boom Cards) 4 conversation card sets 15 super fun Jeopardy-style trivia games 16 Cucharas (Spoons) games 7 Pesca (Go Fish) gPrice $299.99Original Price $399.50Save $99.51
- If you teach Spanish 1 and 2, then this is the bundle for you! It has fun and engaging Spanish grammar and Spanish vocabulary practice to last you the entire year. This huge bundle covers all of the skills and concepts traditionally found in Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 curriculums.This Spanish 1 &Price $599.99Original Price $950.25Save $350.26
- Are you looking for a fun variety of resources for preterite stem-changing verbs like DORMIR that you can use in your Spanish classes? If so, this bundle is just what you need! Students will be engaged and get a great review of preterite stem-changers, also known as sandal verbs, with these 4 easy-tPrice $11.50Original Price $15.00Save $3.50
Reinforce preterite tense verb endings for IR stem-changer verbs (also known as sandal verbs) like morir, dormir, seguir, and pedir in Spanish with this fun game of Cucharas or Spoons. Students love collecting all the conjugations of a verb in the preterite tense and racing to grab the spoons! This is a great way to get students engaged and focusing on the details of preterite tense verb endings for the irregular IR sandal verbs! There is an included extension activity that has students writing and speaking with the verbs after each round.
Save 20% on this game and all my other preterite sandal verbs resources with the Preterite Sandal Verbs Activities Bundle! Click HERE to see it.
OBJECTIVE: Collect all seven cards for one verb (infinitive + all six forms- for example: CORRER, CORRÍ, CORRISTE, CORRIÓ, CORRIMOS, CORRISTEIS y CORRIERON) and/or not be the person left without a spoon!
- Teacher prep instructions
- Student instructions to display on game day,
- 63 game cards*
- 6 blank cards just in case you want to add your own verb or lose a card
- A piece of decorative paper to copy onto the back of game cards so kids cannot see through them,
- Student score sheets (both a Spanish and a Spanglish version)
- Writing & speaking extension activities
*Included irregular preterite IR stem-changers: morir, dormir, seguir, mentir, pedir, preferir, repetir, servir y competir. The vosotros form is part of the set, but you could easily remove all the vosotros cards and instruct students to collect 6 instead of 7.
1. Print product.
2. Copy game cards and decorative paper back to back. Make enough sets for groups of 3-4.
3. If possible, laminate for durability so they can be used year after year!
4. Cut cards and clip individual sets together (or place in plastic baggies).
5. Copy enough score sheets for every student in the class.
6. You will need spoons for this activity, either plastic or metal. I keep a box of 48 plastic ones in my room just for this game.
This game is part of my Cucharas Super Bundle which features 16 sets at a discount of 20%! That's hours and hours of engagement and fun! Click HERE to see it!
Preterite Sandal Verbs Boom Cards
Preterite Sandal Verbs Digital Mystery Picture
Preterite Sandal Verbs Google Forms Assessment
Need another engaging preterite tense activity? Click HERE to see the other fun preterite tense activities in my store!
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new resources are posted or I'm having a sale? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and most new resources (like this game!) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click here to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my game!
La Profe Plotts