Also included in
- Reinforce preterite tense verbs in Spanish with these fun games of Cucharas, the Spanish class version of Spoons. Students love collecting all the conjugations of a verb in the preterite tense and racing to grab the spoons! This is a great way to get students engaged and focusing on the details of p$22.25$28.00Save $5.75
- This bundle includes 19 of my Cucharas (Spoons) games at a savings of 20% vs. buying them individually! That's 19 different versions of the super fun and lively game Cucharas and hours and hours of fun for your Spanish classes at an awesome discount! Everything is ready to print, cut, and use!Studen$60.50$76.00Save $15.50
- If you teach Spanish 2, you NEED this Spanish 2 mega bundle of 87 engaging and fun activities! In it, you will find the following:19 task card sets, 20 digital task card sets (Boom Cards), 4 conversation card sets, 14 super fun Jeopardy-style trivia games, 15 Cucharas (Spoons) games, 7 Pesca (Go Fis$255.00$340.50Save $85.50
- If you teach Spanish 1 and 2, and you love saving over 35% on 196 awesome resources to supplement your lessons, you NEED this Spanish 1 and 2 Ultimate Bundle! That's over $275 in savings! This bundle contains all the resources from my Spanish 1 Mega Bundle and my Spanish 2 Mega Bundle. In it, you wi$499.00$775.50Save $276.50
Reinforce preterite tense verb endings for IR stem-changer verbs (also known as sandal verbs) like morir, dormir, seguir, and pedir in Spanish with this fun game of Cucharas or Spoons. Students love collecting all the conjugations of a verb in the preterite tense and racing to grab the spoons! This is a great way to get students engaged and focusing on the details of preterite tense verb endings for the irregular IR sandal verbs! There is an included extension activity that has students writing and speaking with the verbs after each round.
OBJECTIVE: Collect all seven cards for one verb (infinitive + all six forms- for example: CORRER, CORRÍ, CORRISTE, CORRIÓ, CORRIMOS, CORRISTEIS y CORRIERON) and/or not be the person left without a spoon!
- Teacher prep instructions
- Student instructions to display on game day,
- 63 game cards*
- 6 blank cards just in case you want to add your own verb or lose a card
- A piece of decorative paper to copy onto the back of game cards so kids cannot see through them,
- Student score sheets (both a Spanish and a Spanglish version)
- Writing & speaking extension activities
* Included irregular preterite IR stem-changers: morir, dormir, seguir, mentir, pedir, preferir, repetir, servir y competir. The vosotros form is part of the set, but you could easily remove all the vosotros cards and instruct students to collect 6 instead of 7.
1. Print product.
2. Copy game cards and decorative paper back to back. Make enough sets for groups of 3-4.
3. If possible, laminate for durability so they can be used year after year!
4. Cut cards and clip individual sets together (or place in plastic baggies).
5. Copy enough score sheets for every student in the class.
6. You will need spoons for this activity, either plastic or metal. I keep a box of 48 plastic ones in my room just for this game.
This game is part of my Cucharas Super Bundle which features 16 sets at a discount of 20%! That's hours and hours of engagement and fun! Click HERE to see it!
Check out my other Cucharas games by clicking the links below!
Need another engaging preterite tense activity? Click HERE to see the other fun preterite tense activities in my store!
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new resources are posted or I'm having a sale? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and most new resources (like this game!) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click here to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my game!
La Profe Plotts