Also included in
- This bundle includes all five of my preterite and imperfect 48-card sets at a savings of 20%! That's 240 cards total! These sets are ready to print, cut, and use. These task card sets each have 48 different cards to get your students up and moving while practicing the preterite tense, the imperfect$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This Spanish preterite and imperfect tenses MEGA bundle includes 29 of my preterite and imperfect tense resources at a savings of 20% vs. if you bought them individually! That's five 48-card task card sets, four sets of 50 digital task cards (Boom Cards), one set of conversation cards, two super fun$77.25$96.50Save $19.25
- If you are looking for one bundle that will give you hundreds and hundreds of hours worth of engagement and fun with your Spanish classes, this Spanish task card bundle is exactly what you need! It includes 41 of my 48-card sets at a savings of 25%! That's over 1,900 task cards total! These sets are$157.50$210.00Save $52.50
- If you teach Spanish 2, you NEED this Spanish 2 mega bundle of 87 engaging and fun activities! In it, you will find the following:19 task card sets, 20 digital task card sets (Boom Cards), 4 conversation card sets, 14 super fun Jeopardy-style trivia games, 15 Cucharas (Spoons) games, 7 Pesca (Go Fis$255.00$340.50Save $85.50
- If you teach Spanish 1 and 2, and you love saving over 35% on 196 awesome resources to supplement your lessons, you NEED this Spanish 1 and 2 Ultimate Bundle! That's over $275 in savings! This bundle contains all the resources from my Spanish 1 Mega Bundle and my Spanish 2 Mega Bundle. In it, you wi$499.00$775.50Save $276.50
This Spanish preterite vs. imperfect task card set has 48 different cards to get your students up and moving while practicing the preterite tense, the imperfect tense, and when to use each of them. More than just fill in the blank cards! Students will be engaged as they complete various tasks on the included response sheet like conjugating verbs in both tenses, filling in the blank with the correct preterite or imperfect form of the verb in parentheses based on their understanding of the situation, writing sentences from prompts given, answering multiple-choice questions, rewriting grammatically-incorrect sentences correctly, and stating whether examples (weather, age, etc.) use preterite or imperfect. Check out the thumbnails and preview for a sampling of cards/materials included with this set.
This set is included in my discounted Spanish Task Cards MEGA Bundle which includes ALL of my task card sets at HUGE savings. Save 25% off the list price when you buy the bundle, plus get all future additions to the bundle FOR FREE! Click HERE to see it!
This is a printable resource. (If you want the digital Boom Card version, click HERE.)
• Student response sheet
• 48 full-color task cards
• 6 blank full-color cards
• 48 task cards in an ink-friendly version with a plain white background
• 6 ink-friendly blank cards
• Answer key
• PDF with 15 ways to use task cards in Spanish class!
Preterite vs. Imperfect Tense Task Cards can be used in many different ways!
• Cut up and distribute around the classroom (hang up on walls, scatter on desks, even hide for some extra fun). Have students go around with a sheet and answer any 30 (or whatever number you want to give them). Makes for a great review before a test!
• For advanced learning or to differentiate, when students get to the fill-in-the-blank sentences, they need to write the missing verb AND why the preterite or imperfect is used with that past tense example (weather, telling time, single completed action, etc.).
• Use in conjunction with other activities during stations.
• If you have a document camera, you could show students a card and have them write answers on mini whiteboards and hold up, either individually or as a team.
• Extra five minutes left in class you hadn't planned on? Task cards always save the day! Pull out the task card set and use it for a quick game, formative assessment, or rapid-fire quiz for candy.
The possibilities are endless! 15 ideas are included!!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
Click HERE to see the other 60+ task card sets in my store!
Here are some things teachers have said about my task cards:
J.G.- I just did this activity for the first time on Thursday and I am so happy with the way it was received by the students! I allowed the students to use their notes if they wanted to, and only asked them to answer 30 out of the 48 questions in order to cut down on congestion in the room, (which is a constant issue with 32 students!) The students were engaged the entire time. I will definitely be back for some of the other tense cards!
T.H.- I absolutely LOVE your task cards! So many uses!!! Thank you!!!!
K.G.- Thanks so much for these cards! I bought them, made them and used them in class today already and it was a huge success. The kids loved the different style of working.
S.M.- Excellent resource as always! I know your task cards are always a favorite in my classroom!
M.N- I used this on a "stations day" with my students. They (and I) found it to be a very thorough review!
L.D.- My students have done this activity several times and they LOVE IT! I love seeing them having fun trying to get the answers fast and helping each other. Thank you!!!
K.L. This was the best way to review Spanish material. It was such a lifesaver. Thanks!
Want FREE SER + adjectives task cards? Grab them HERE.
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new resources are posted or I'm having a sale? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and most new resources (like these task cards!) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click here to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my resource!
La Profe Plotts