Use this two page (four pages with the answer key) assessment to introduce the concept of verbs that change meaning in preterite and imperfect.
This practice, goes well with the vocabulary of Textbook Realidades 3 Ch 2, but can also be used without this specific vocab. In here, students will:
- Identify the specific meaning that each verb becomes to in preterite and imperfect.
- Read a sentence and specify what each person tried to say.
- Complete sentences by conjugating the verb in parenthesis in either preterite or imperfect.
- Complete a chart where they will have to read sentences in Spanish and choose the form of the verb that was used in English.
- Come up with their sentences to finish the chart and identify the verbs they used.