Brownies learn to prevent and treat bee stings, bruises, cuts and scrapes, poison ivy and oak, sunburns, and tick bites by referring to a badge-specific first aid guide and using pretend paper first aid kits as they rotate through six first aid situation stations featuring children with various minor and outdoor injuries. Afterward, Brownies build mini first aid kits to take home and use during real-life first aid situations. They conclude by acting as first aiders to treat faux cuts with real medical supplies.
This printable paper activity pack is designed to help fulfill Brownie First Aid badge - Steps 3, 4 and 5.
"Prevent & Treat: First Aid Situation Stations" may be worked within the troop setting, or by a single girl at home with an adult helper to prepare the materials, serve as a partner, and provide support, as needed.
This item is part of a bundle! - SAVE 18% when you purchase Girl Scout Brownies - "First Aid" Activity Pack Bundle - All 5 Steps!
* Six different printable paper first aid situation station sheets
* Six corresponding printable paper answer cards
* One set of printable paper first aid kit prevent and treat cards
* One printable paper badge-specific first aid guide
* Printable paper mini first aid kit labels
* Supply list
* Leader directions
* Copy paper
* White cardstock
* Glue stick
* Sandwich-sized zipper bags
* Clear packaging tape
* Single hole punch
* 1-in. Steel book rings
* Red washable marker
* Black permanent marker
First Aid Kits
* 2 Antibacterial hand wipes (to sanitize hands before treating injuries, to clean wounds)
* 2 Alcohol prep pads (to clean wounds, to sterilize safety pins)
* 2 Cotton balls (to press to cuts to stop bleeding)
* 3 Adhesive bandages (to cover cuts and blisters)
* 1 Cotton swab, cut in half (to apply triple antibiotic ointment)
* Triple antibiotic ointment, small tube (to treat cuts, scrapes, and tick bites)
* 1 Individually-wrapped hard mint (to relieve upset stomach, to raise low blood sugar)
* 1 Large + 1 regular-sized safety pin (to remove splinters, to fasten ripped clothes, to secure a sling or wrap fashioned from a bandana)
* 1 Ponytail holder (to lift hair from face and neck when hot or injured)
* 1 Travel soap dish or durable plastic zipper bag (to hold contents of first aid kit)
* "Prevent and Treat..." first aid guide, if it fits in chosen container
* First aid kit supplies listed are per girl. One extra of the first five supplies per girl, plus one extra tube of triple antibiotic ointment per troop to share, is needed to practice treating cuts.
Triple antibiotic ointment, book rings for first aid guide, and other items may be purchased from Dollar Tree or similar store. Also, look for small tubes of triple antibiotic ointment in large bins of mixed discount medical supplies at Walmart. I bought our troop's for .88-cents a tube. Soap dishes in the travel section were less than a dollar each. Look for durable plastic zipper bags in the school supply section (e.g. zippered pencil pouches). Be sure to test the sizes of your first aid supplies to ensure that they fit in your chosen containers.
1 - Introduction + Activity Supply List
2 - First Aid Kits Supply List + Leader Directions
3 - Leader Directions
4 - Leader Directions
5 - Prevent & Treat Situation Station Sheet - Bee Sting
6 - Prevent & Treat Situation Station Sheet - Bruise
7 - Prevent & Treat Situation Station Sheet - Cut or Scrape
8 - Prevent & Treat Situation Station Sheet - Poison Ivy and Oak
9 - Prevent & Treat Situation Station Sheet - Sunburn
10 - Prevent & Treat Situation Station Sheet - Tick Bite
11 - Answer Card - Bee Sting
12 - Answer Card - Bruise
13 - Answer Card - Cut or Scrape
14 - Answer Card - Poison Ivy and Oak
15 - Answer Card - Sunburn
16 - Answer Card - Tick Bite
17 - Paper First Aid Kit Prevent & Treat Cards
18 - Paper First Aid Kit Prevent & Treat Cards + Paper First Aid Kit Label
19 - First Aid Guide
20 - First Aid Guide
21 - Mini First Aid Kit Labels (Black/White)
22 - Mini First Aid Kit Labels (Color)
23 - Credits
Remember to "use resources wisely" by leaving feedback for this product to receive TPT credits good toward a discount on future Growing Girls product purchases.
Growing Girls Scouting Helpers
Looking for more fun printables for your troop?
You may also like these Brownie products...
Monster Friends - Girl Scout Brownies - "Making Friends" Pack - All 5 Steps!
Girl Scout Brownies - "Money Manager" Activity Pack Bundle - All 5 Steps!
Living "Fair" All-In-One Booklet - Girl Scouts My Promise, My Faith - All Steps!