"Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen: A Study Guide is a comprehensive aid to reflective reading of this popular classic.
NEWLY REVISED AND EXPANDED!
1. Annotated list of characters;
2. A map showing the locations of the action;
3. Original detailed sections on settings, genre, themes, etc.;
4. Questions on each chapter (82 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. Answers are NOT provided; students must find their own answers in the text - and they will. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5. Practical ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
6. Glossary of relevant literary terms plus student activity;
7. Two graphic organizers (plot structure and character) for student annotation;
8. Extensive Bibliography and guide to further reading.