Have you ever wondered how to successfully do a Close Reading in a Kinder or 1st grade classroom? This resource contains Teacher Prompts, Student Sentence Frames, Student Codes/Annotations, and a researched based synopsis (Fisher & Frey) all geared around Close Reading for the Kinder and 1st Grade Classrooms. As a coach, I created this resource for the teachers at my site who were struggling to find the right balance between Common Core Reading Standards (1st grade) and the reading ability of their students. It can be done as "Close Listening" or if your students are able to read, "Close Reading".
* Teacher Prompts for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read.
* Use as a bookmark to guide and prompt your students during different phases of a close read.
* Student Sentence Frames for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd read that correlate with the Teacher Prompts.
* Teacher Prompts and Sentence Frames are all correlated to Common Core Standards AND STANDARDS ARE NOTED!
* Codes and Annotations are kid friendly and primary appropriate.
* Easily aligned with any complex informational text you plan on using with your students.
* Will be your guide for all your Close Readings with Informational Text FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR!