Karen Ostlund and Sheryl Mercier combine talents to produce this book of hands-on science activities that use everyday objects to teach the scientific process thinking skills, scientific practices. The book is divided into 4 sections.
First, teach each process skill with a hands-on activity, then apply those skills in earth, physical and life science using seeds, matter and dinosaurs as content.
1. 40 activities and investigations that include Life, Earth, and Physical Science content- seeds, matter and dinosaurs
2. Use the steps and application of the processes of inquiry
Metacognition steps for students to think about their own thinking processes
3.Masters for teaching the process skills of scientific inquiry- scientific practices- can be enlarged for posters
4. Cooperative and collaborative learning techniques
5. Assessment strategies and rubrics for each activity
6. Student recording sheet masters, teaching tips, and background material
Added are many language arts writing activities not included in the hard cover book.
Bundled back together are the following packets found on TPT: