Use this great package of resources to introduce students to birds. Audio files, video files, and presentations included with your materials make presenting information to a variety of students fun and easy.
Don't be mislead by the word primary in the title. This unit, with its multiple reading levels for student essays could easily be a resource to teachers in upper elementary grades
• Images and a teacher presentation introduce birds. Then, sort animals by one rule and two rules to practice comparing and contrasting birds with amphibians, reptiles, arthropods, marine mammals, and land mammals.
• Read a short essay saved in three reading levels in English and two in Spanish or listen to recordings of the essays included in your zip file. A teacher presentation has been saved as a movie for students who benefit from seeing the information more than once.
• Choose from four assessment options that make it easy to assess student understanding: a quick assessment, a pencil-and-paper assessment, a suggestion for the struggling student, and a suggestion for a capable student.
Scale images of birds up to create a flock of birds.
Create a book about birds. Introductory essays saved in English and Spanish help students get started. Pages with an outline of the animal to color and lines for text help students create their pages.
Move like a bird. Brainstorm how animals move and then act out different ways birds move.
Would you like to introduce your students to animals? Consider these units in our store: BUTTERFLIES
, and CATS
Thanks for visiting my Simply Science store. Please take a moment to leave a comment when you purchase a product.
– • – ♥ – • –
Differentiate for your math students with simple, fun games in our Simply Math
– • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • –
Click on the ★ next to the name of my store to follow me and find out about sales and new products.
– • – • – ♥ – ♥ – ♥ – • – • –
Visit my blog
to find resources for new teachers and "I'd like to teach more science" teachers!
RESOURCES IN OUR STORE FOR BIRDS
• An Introduction to Birds
• All About Birds
• More About Birds
• Bird Predator Game
• Bird Review Spinner
• Food Chain Mobile for a Bird
• Life Cycle Mobile for a Bird
• I Have Who Has Birds Game