Primary Mathematics Charts
(Permission to make up to 25 as a class set with purchase)
These sets come on four 8.5" x 11" full color sheets and are ready to laminate after printing for long term student use!
This is a very valuable tool that your students can have right at their fingertips when working on difficult rigorous word problems. I suggest you tape pages one and two together, then laminate and fold them. Then you can place pages three and four inside or tape them together as well. Kids can use them over and over with dry erase markers.
Here is a brief summary of what comes on each side of the primary charts:
1. Place value chart from the ones place to the hundred thousands place
2. spot to write in the key words that go with each number you are using
3. option for entering answers based on the STAAR test choices of A,B,C, D
or F,G, H, J
4. Allows students to compare and order numbers based on place value
5. Allows student to practice the difficult concept of grid responses
6. Section for determining which operation to use based on the key words that
go with each number
7. Option of using the word thousand where the comma goes when reading
numbers out loud
1. Place value from tenths to hundredths place
2. Option to compare and order money in dollars and cents
3. Interchangeable decimal/and when write as numbers and words
4. Section to practice fifths and tenths
1. Simplified Step by step guide for doing problem solving using the word RULES
as an acryonym:
R- Read the problem.
U- Understand the question.
L- Label numbers and key words.
E- Eliminate Extra information.
S- Solve the problem. Show your work.
2. Reminder to students to read test softly or loudly to help visual and auditory
1. Key words chart that gives basic clues about which operation to use