Looking for a quick, simple activity to check for understanding of your reading objectives? Look no further!
This pack includes 17 pages of Common Core aligned graphic organizers for primary grades.
Included in this pack, you will find activities for the following standards:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.1 With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.2 With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.3 With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.4 Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.5 Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.6 With prompting and support, name the author and illustrator of a story and define the role of each in telling the story.
You'll find activities with I CAN statements, such as:
- I can make a connection to a character in the story.
- I can identify the setting of the story.
- I can describe a character in the story.
- I can retell the plot of the story.
- I can identify the characters, setting and plot of the story.
- I can ask and answer questions about the story.
- I can identify the author and illustrator of the story.
- I can describe a story as fiction or nonfiction.
- I can identify the main idea of the story.
Activities can easily fit into Common Core standards for 1st and 2nd grade as well!
Lined and unlined versions are provided for each activity. In my classroom, these activities are quick, 5-7 minute checks for understanding after each day's reading lesson. I also use these for homework assignments, center activities and morning work. The simple design makes it easy for students to show what they know about each standard.
I hope this helps your little readers show what they know!