Themed-based lessons with standards-based activities are the perfect way to integrate tried-and-true methods with Common Core and 21st Century Learning.
This Engineering themed set can be used in a variety of ways! Activities are perfect for academic learning centers, large group experiences and assessments. Activities are tied to ELA Common Core for grades Kindergarten, first, and second. AND each each activity is aligned with the NGSS Standards.
Theme focus: “Weather Ready" AND Spring/Severe Weather
Content Focus: Reading, Writing, Science Vocabulary
This Science set includes:
5 Theme AND Standards-Based Activities
1 Theme-Based Extended Response Item
All in both color and black/white!
1. Weather-Themed Science Book for read-aloud, guided reading, and trace/color. RF.K.1, RL.K.10, K-PS3-1, K-PS3-2
2. Spring Weather Journal Page (staple several copies to make a book) W.K.8, SL.K.5, K-ESS2-1
3. Spring-Themed Weather Graph (can be added to the Weather Journal) K.MD.B.3, K.CC.C.6, K-ESS2-1
4. Severe Weather Alert L.K.6, W.K.8, K-ESS2-2
5. Weather Forecast L.K.6, K-ESS3-2
6. Severe Weather Extended Response Item W.K.8, K-ESS3-2
You might also like:
The Winter Sun