The Visual Sciences Program is aimed at Lower Primary schools. In this program there are 9 lessons. The lessons are structured to be used within the first three years of a child’s education. This program is suitable for science lessons or for gifted and talented education.
• Are comprehensive with key-learning aspects explained step
• Have a great variety of children’s activities included;
• Focus on developing Primary Scientific investigations;
• Progress to an in-depth study – include intensive knowledge
enrichment, thinking, problem identification, reinforcement of
• Assist with the application of knowledge – students do reports,
design structures on the Touch- Board, group activities,
creative activities, presentations;
• Contain evaluations of key-learning content.
• Module 1: Science and Society
Lesson 1: Introduction to Energy
Lesson 2: Energy and Fossil Fuels
Lesson 3: The link between Science and
• Module 2: Energy and Change
Lesson 1: The use of Energy
Lesson 2: Water and Air as powerful Resources of Energy
Lesson 3: Force, Friction and Gravity
• Module 3: The Earth and Beyond
Lesson 1: The Surface and Layers of the Earth
Lesson 2: The Sky, Planets and Beyond
Lesson 3: Learn about the Weather
OVERVIEW OF ACTIVITIES:
1) Cross-Curricular priorities -
• Students apply the language skills of reading, speaking, viewing and sentence
construction. The students also learn how to recognize, read and interpret the specialized language that is used in science.
2) Working Scientifically -
• Students go outside, study the sky and report on what they can see. Students
then write a short report on the role air plays in the sky.
• Students report to the class how rain is formed by reflecting on what they
have learnt about evaporation, condensation, precipitation, and transpiration. They draw an illustration of the 4 processes using the Interactive Touch- Board.
• Students do an experiment to learn more about condensation, evaporation and
precipitation including Interactive Touch- Board activities.
• Students report on the natural energy and the life support systems including
Interactive Touch- Board activities.
• Students report at home on one of the life support systems and how natural
science has influenced it.
• Students report to the class on the natural energy resources and how they
sustain and support life on earth. (Video recorded report).
• Students give a report about science on a poultry farm.
3) Assessment Strategy-
• Constant control, Evaluation test at end of module and other evaluations throughout the lesson.
• Easy assessment with quick reporting time;
• Catering for visual, audio, and kin-aesthetic learning;
• Most of the multiple Intelligences covered;
• More student participation leading to improved learning.
The program is delivered in a standard DVD sized case containing the lessons on CD-Rom. Each lesson includes support materials.
Please visit www.listpremier.com for more information
Suitable for: Primary aged science classes, interactive touch board, interactive screen, modern gifted and talented education, enrichment